Last days of the old Hartsdown

Untitled Document

Hartsdown Park - The Last Days Of The Old Stadium (April 2003)

A view of the main stand, virtually unchanged since 1929.

Inside the stand, the modern additions - plastic seats and the light coloured wood - can be clearly seen.

A view of the far end of the ground, generally known as 'The Coffin'. This came about due to those words once being painted on the back wall of the terrace during the 1970's. The graffiti was visible for many years until covered over by the patch of blue paint that's clearly visible in this photo.

The five photos of Hartsdown above were taken from issue 33 of Groundtastic magazine which is still available from their website and is a must-buy for anybody with an interest in the history of the club.