Reggie Savage

*Indicates unconfirmed information. Figures in brackets after English team names indicate all appearances made and goals scored in competitive matches for Football League clubs from 1888 onwards. For Scottish League clubs the figures show details of all competitive appearances and goals scored from 1946/47 onwards.

Reggie Savage

Appearances: 3+3 Goals: 0

Date / Year of birth: 12th April 1981

Position: Striker

Season of first appearance: 2008/09

Season of last appearance: 2008/09

Also played for: Crystal Palace (0), Fulham (0), Walton & Hersham, Kingstonian, Dulwich Hamlet, Banstead Athletic, Mole Valley Predators, Croydon Athletic, AFC Wimbledon, Bromley, Heybridge Swifts, Bognor Regis Town, Horsham, Boreham Wood, Metropolitan Police, Chipstead, Brentwood Town, Merstham, Corinthian Casuals, Molesey, Walton Casuals, Harrow Borough, Whyteleafe and Folkestone Invicta

Extremely nomadic 5' 8" tall striker born in Camberwell, London who had spells at Crystal Palace and Fulham as a youngster before joining Walton & Hersham. Reggie made his first team debut for the Swans early in the 2001/02 season and went on to score once from nine appearances (seven as sub) in the Isthmian League Division 1 before the end of the campaign. His only goal secured a 1-0 home win over Bognor Regis on 13.4.02 and Reggie's team-mates included former Margate striker David Cory.

Reggie stayed with Walton & Hersham for the 2002/03 season and scored three times in 15 Division 1 South appearances, of which all but one were as a substitute. During 2003/04 he made 29 league appearances (eight as sub) and managed six goals including two in an 8-0 home win over Epsom & Ewell on 15.11.03.

In the summer of 2004 Reggie joined Isthmian League Premier Division club Kingstonian but after failing to score from ten league outings (four as sub) he returned to Walton & Hersham a couple of months into the 2004/05 season.

On 26.10.04 Reggie scored four times for the Swans in a 7-1 home win over Banstead in the Isthmian League Cup and on 6.11.04 he played in a 3-2 home win over Margate in the FA Trophy. The Thanet Times said "Savage lived up to his name and should have been sent off" for a foul on keeper Peter Trego but added he "somehow escaped with only a yellow card". Reggie was substituted soon afterwards and he ended 2004/05 having scored a total of eight goals.

He started the 2005/06 campaign at Dulwich but only played once for them - as a substitute in an Isthmian League Division 1 game at Dover on 20.8.05 - before moving on to Banstead, also of Division 1 before the end of August 2005.

On 10.9.05 Reggie got all three goals in a 3-0 home win over Moneyfields in the FA Cup and he scored once more from a total of six appearances for Banstead before leaving the club.

By January 2006 Reggie was playing for Combined Counties League side Mole Valley Predators and he ended the season there before dropping out of senior football for an extended period.

Towards the end of the 2006/07 campaign he rejoined Walton & Hersham and Reggie made two substitute appearances in his third spell with the Swans that concluded at the end of the season.

He signed for Isthmian League Division 1 outfit Croydon Athletic ahead of the 2007/08 campaign and Reggie found the net in each of his first four outings for the club, scoring a total of six goals. On 29.9.07 he bagged a hat-trick in a 6-2 home win over Chatham and Reggie scored a total of 17 goals before joining AFC Wimbledon in November 2007.

He made four appearances (three as sub) without scoring in all competitions for the Isthmian League Premier Division club and in December 2007 Reggie was released by the Dons.

He then had a brief spell with Bromley of the Conference South but Reggie only made two sub appearances for them before briefly rejoining Croydon at the end of January 2008.

He scored once more for Croydon to take his goal tally to 18 for the season, including 15 in just 21 Division 1 South outings, and then moved on to Heybridge in the middle of February 2008.

Reggie scored four goals from 11 Premier Division appearances (four as sub) for the Swifts before the end of the 2007/08 campaign.

In the summer of 2008 he featured in some of Horsham's friendlies but Reggie ended up starting 2008/09 back at Heybridge. On 30.8.08 he scored their goal in a 2-1 defeat at Margate before joining his old club Banstead a few days later.

Reggie scored in his only outing for Banstead and then moved on to Conference South outfit Bognor Regis before the end of September 2008.

He made five league appearances (three as sub) without scoring for the Sussex club before leaving the club in mid-November 2008.

Towards the end of November 2008 Reggie signed for Margate and made his debut in a 2-1 defeat against Maidstone at Sittingbourne in the Kent Senior Cup on 25.11.08. He was used as a sub in Margate's next game before returning to the starting line-up in a 3-2 defeat at Dartford in the Isthmian League Cup on 2.12.08. Reggie then played twice more as a substitute before wearing the number ten shirt in a 2-0 defeat against Dover in the Isthmian League Premier Division at Hartsdown Park on 3.1.09. That was his last outing for Margate and Reggie was released soon afterwards having made a total of six appearances (three as sub) without scoring.

Later in January 2009 he signed for Horsham where he'd spent pre-season and on 14.3.09 Reggie scored what turned out to be the only goal of the game inside ten minutes of a match at Margate. Margate's manager Terry Yorath told the Thanet Times "It was poor from our point of view because Reggie's only about 5ft 7in and we gave him a free header in the box." Yorath also explained his decision to release Reggie two months earlier and said "He wasn't what I was looking for at the time. He's the same type of player as Kenny Pratt and there's no point having two of them here."

Having scored three times in 19 league appearances for Horsham during 2008/09 Reggie played in friendlies for Grays (including one at Margate) and Kingstonian in the summer of 2009 but ended up joining Boreham Wood for the start of the 2009/10 season proper.

He made two appearances (one as sub) in the Isthmian League Premier Division and then left Boreham Wood to join Metropolitan Police at the end of August 2009.

Reggie only played once as a substitute in the FA Cup for the Met and in September 2009 he linked up with Chipstead.

He scored once from nine Division 1 South outings (two as sub) for Chipstead and also got three goals in cup ties before leaving the club to join Brentwood in December 2009.

After scoring scored once from three Division 1 North appearances (one as sub) for the Essex outfit Reggie moved on to Merstham of Division 1 South at the end of February 2010 - his fifth club of the season.

He made ten league appearances (six as sub) and scored once for Merstham during the remainder of the 2009/10 campaign.

Reggie featured in friendlies for Billericay in the summer of 2010 before signing for Corinthian Casuals in August 2010. He made six Division 1 South appearances (four as sub) there without scoring but did find the net twice in cup ties before rejoining Croydon Athletic in October 2010 - his third spell there.

Reggie went on to scored four goals for Athletic from 13 Isthmian League Premier Division outings (one as sub) and also scored once in an Isthmian League Cup tie.

In March 2011 he moved on to Molesey of the Combined Counties Premier League and in April 2011 Reggie scored a hat-trick but ended up on the losing side as the Moles lost 5-3 at home to Colliers Wood. He finished 2010/11 having scored eight goals for the club.

Reggie returned to Division 1 South for the start of the 2011/12 campaign when he joined Walton Casuals but he only made three substitute appearances in the league without scoring before joining Harrow in September 2011.

He scored once from nine Premier Division appearances (four as sub) for Harrow and then left the club in December 2011.

Reggie was said to have signed for Ramsgate after leaving Harrow but he never played a game for the Rams before resurfacing at Division 1 South club Whyteleafe in February 2012.

He scored from the penalty spot on his debut for the Leafe - a 2-1 defeat at Walton & Hersham on 18.2.12 - and by the end of the season Reggie had scored three times in 11 league outings (six as sub) as Whyteleafe were relegated to the Kent League.

In August 2012 he rejoined his old club Horsham and Reggie's first outing came in a 2-1 friendly defeat at Margate on 7.8.12. He went on to make four competitive appearances (two as sub) for the Division 1 South outfit without scoring before moving on to Folkestone, also of Division 1 South, at the start of September 2012.

Reggie made his debut for Folkestone in a 1-0 home defeat against Gillingham in the Kent Senior Cup on 5.9.12 and manager Neil Cugley told the Kentish Football website "Reggie needs a club and needs to be putting himself in the shop window. I've not even had time to think about whether we can keep him for any length of time, but he's obviously doing us a favour and, for the moment, it's a situation that benefits both parties."

At the end of November 2012 Reggie left Folkestone after making one more appearance as a substitute in the league and he rejoined Division 1 South club Walton Casuals where he'd started the 2011/12 campaign. Reggie made four league appearances (two as sub) without scoring for Walton before moving on.










2008/09 (MFC)

3 (46)








     Margate finished in relegation position but were reprieved and remained in the Isthmian League Premier Division.