Stuart Harte

*Indicates unconfirmed information. Figures in brackets after English team names indicate all appearances made and goals scored in competitive matches for Football League clubs from 1888 onwards. For Scottish League clubs the figures show details of all competitive appearances and goals scored from 1946/47 onwards.

Stuart Harte

Appearances: 11 Goals: 0

Date / Year of birth: 12th December 1977

Position: Right-back / Midfielder

Season of first appearance: 2007/08

Season of last appearance: 2007/08

Also played for: Bristol Rovers (0), Bath City, Farnborough Town, Aldershot Town, Staines Town, Bracknell Town, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Metropolitan Police, Carshalton Athletic, Merstham, Fleet Spurs, Tooting & Mitcham and Godalming Town

Basingstoke-born full-back who started his career with Bristol Rovers. Stuart progressed through the Pirates' youth ranks and during the 1994/95 season he made nine Football Combination appearances (two as sub) for the reserves.

Towards the end of the 1996/97 campaign Stuart was loaned to Conference club Bath and he featured three times as a substitute there before briefly returning to Bristol Rovers.

Stuart was released in the summer of 1997 and signed for Conference club Farnborough where he made 45 appearances and scored once during the 1997/98 and 1998/99 seasons.

He was sold to Aldershot for £1,000 ahead of the 1999/00 campaign but Stuart only made eight appearances for the Isthmian League Premier Division club before dropping into Division 1 to join Staines on a free transfer a couple of months into the season.

Stuart went on to make 53 league appearances (one as sub) for Staines and scored twice during a spell with the club that lasted until the end of the 2000/01 campaign.

In the summer of 2001 he linked up with Isthmian League Division 3 club Bracknell and Stuart scored five times in a total of 63 league outings (six as sub) there before signing for Hampton & Richmond in March 2003.

He made ten Isthmian League Premier Division appearances during the remainder of the 2002/03 season and Stuart then joined Metropolitan Police in the summer of 2003.

He spent four years with the Imber Court outfit and Stuart made 137 Isthmian Division 1 and then Division 1 South appearances for the Met up to the end of the 2006/07 campaign. He scored a total of six league goals in that time.

In July 2007 Stuart signed a one-year contract with Margate and player-manager Robin Trott told the Isle of Thanet Gazette "He's a very consistent player, he gets forward, has a good touch and he knows his football." On the eve of the new season Stuart told the Gazette "I was told Margate play attractive football, I spoke to Trotty and basically sorted out a deal. I've been well impressed since I've been down here. It's obvious they like to get the ball down and play football."

He made his debut in the number two shirt as Margate drew 1-1 with Chelmsford in an Isthmian League Premier Division game at Hartsdown Park on 18.8.07 and the Thanet Times said Stuart looked "at home at the back". He then played at right-back in each of the next eight matches before moving into midfield for a 1-1 home draw with AFC Wimbledon on 25.9.07. Stuart also featured in midfield as Margate won 4-3 against Fisher in an FA Cup tie played at Dulwich on 29.9.07 but a few days later he asked to be released. Stuart cited work commitments as being the reason for his request and Robin Trott told the Thanet Times "Stuart just can't do it anymore. He's had a change of manager at work and can't get along to training. He didn't turn up a couple of times. There's nothing you can do. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help the boys."

Soon afterwards Margate decided not to release Stuart as they'd heard another Isthmian League Premier Division side were interested in signing him and Robin Trott told the Thanet Times "I spoke to Hartey on Friday and told him I wasn't letting him go to anyone else in this league. He didn't say anything - it's black and white. I like Hartey but you've got to lay down the rules. You can't go and sign a one-year deal and just walk out on it." The Times story also said that Stuart was no longer being paid and wouldn't play for Margate again. Robin Trott summed it up by telling the paper "We're finished."

Stuart's contract was eventually cancelled in February 2008 and he left Margate having made a total of 11 appearances without scoring, the last of them some four months earlier - the Fisher FA Cup tie at the end of September 2007.

He immediately joined Carshalton and spent the rest of the 2007/08 season there, making 11 Premier Division appearances (two as sub) without scoring.

Stuart rejoined Metropolitan Police in the summer of 2008 and scored once from 34 Isthmian League Division 1 South outings (six as sub) during 2008/09 before moving on to Merstham ahead of the 2009/10 campaign.

He made nine Division 1 South appearances for Merstham during the opening weeks of the new season but left the club in October 2009

After a few months out of football Stuart signed for Wessex League Division 1 club Fleet Spurs in March 2010 and he finished 2009/10 there.

In the summer of 2010 he joined Tooting & Mitcham but Stuart never played a competitive game for the first team there and in October 2010 he joined Godalming.

He made 21 Isthmian League Division 1 South appearances for Godalming before the end of the 2010/11 campaign and also spent 2011/12 with the Surrey club.










2007/08 (MFC)

11 (53)