Trevor Timms

*Indicates unconfirmed information. Figures in brackets after English team names indicate all appearances made and goals scored in competitive matches for Football League clubs from 1888 onwards. For Scottish League clubs the figures show details of all competitive appearances and goals scored from 1946/47 onwards.

Trevor Timms

Appearances: 12+2 Goals: 0

Date / Year of birth: 1958*

Position: Midfielder / Right-back

Season of first appearance: 1990/91

Season of last appearance: 1990/91

Also played for: Gillingham (0), Dartford, Gravesend & Northfleet, Rainham Town, Corinthian, Sheppey United, Crawley Town, Sittingbourne and Whitstable Town

Midfielder who started his career with Gillingham where he played in the youth team during the 1977/78 campaign.

Trevor joined Dartford in the summer of 1978 after being released by the Gills and spent 1978/79 on the fringes of the Darts' senior squad. His missed lot of the season due to glandular fever but went on to establish himself as a regular first team player over the course of the next few seasons up to and including 1982/83.

After leaving the Darts Trevor had a spell with Gravesend & Northfleet and he then spent the 1984/85 and 1985/86 seasons with Essex club Rainham Town.

Trevor started 1986/87 at Corinthian but moved on to Sheppey in November 1986. He then linked up with Crawley in September 1987.

Trevor spent two seasons with the Sussex club, scoring five goals from 91 outings, before signing for Sittingbourne in the summer of 1989.

Towards the end of May 1990, shortly after the 1989/90 campaign had finished, Trevor joined Margate and the Isle of Thanet Gazette reported that he was "noted for his strong tackling". He made his debut in midfield as Margate drew 2-2 at Witney on 18.8.90 - the opening day of the 1990/91 season - but then had to settle for a place on the subs bench when Margate entertained Ashford in their first home game on 21.8.90. Trevor's train was delayed and he arrived too late to take his place in the starting line-up but he did come on during the 3-1 defeat. On 27.8.90 Trevor was sent off after tangling with future Margate player Mark Weatherly in a 1-1 draw at Hythe and he was given a three match ban. Once his suspension was completed towards the end of September 1990 Trevor featured regularly in Margate's side for the next few weeks and played in midfield or as a right-back. On 2.11.90 he wore the number two shirt during a 1-0 win over Salisbury at Hartsdown Park but it was his last game for Margate and in December 1990 Trevor left the club having made 14 appearances (two as sub) without scoring.

He joined Whitstable at the end of 1990 and made his first team debut there on 2.2.91. Trevor also spent the 1991/92 and 1992/93 campaigns with the Oystermen and made around 90 appearances before going back to Dartford in the summer of 1993.

He became the Darts' player-assistant manager and still turned out when needed during the 1995/96 season, making ten substitute appearances before retiring. Although he no longer played Trevor continued in his assistant role during 1996/97 before leaving the club.









1990/91 (MFC)

12 (54)